Current Affairs January 2018
1. Jitu Roy, one of India’s top shooters, won a gold medal in the 50 meter pistol event in the 61st National Shooting Championship.
2. Bhavani Shankar Sharma, former chairman of Rajasthan Khadi Gramodhog Board and senior Congress leader, passed away. He was 77 years old.
3. The Lok Sabha cleared the Bankruptcy and Refinement Code of Incompetence (Amendment) Bill 2017.
4. [1 945 9 003] While promoting inland waterway transport system in the North-East, Union Shipping Minister Nitin Gadkari flagged off the movement of the cargo vessel on the Pandu-Dhubri route, which was connected to Brahmaputra.
5. Barry Gib of the Beatles drummer Ringo Star and Pop Music Group B Geeze will be honored with the title ‘Knight’ by Queen Elizabeth.
6. Former Mumbai cricketer Hoshang Dediba Amroliwala passed away. He was 86 years old.
7. The eighth edition of ‘Aquarin’, a joint military exercise between India and the Maldives, culminated in Belgaqui in Karnataka.
8. Queen Elizabeth II has been honored by Indian origin Magistrate Counselor Ranjit Dhir for her service to the British government.
9. Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has announced the launch of 31 satellites, including the Earth observation spacecraft, of India’s Cartosat-2 series in a mission on its polar rocket on January 10.