Today’s Current Affairs December 23, 2017
Current Affairs December 23-2017
1. The Union Cabinet approved the MoU for cooperation between India and Cuba in the field of health and medicine.
2. Ministry of External Affairs has launched a new program ‘Near’ (Student and Foreign Ministry participation program) so that Indian students get an understanding of India’s place and its global ambitions, as well as diplomacy Can be prepared to look at career options.
3. Southern Command of the Indian Army organized a practice called ‘Always Vijayi’ in Rajasthan.
4. Eastern Railway has launched a mobile application called “R-Mitra” (Railway Mobile Instant Tracking Response and Assistance) to safeguard the passengers in Kolkata and suburban areas of Eastern Railway area and, in particular, for the protection of women.
5. [1 945 9 003] Justice Umesh Dattatreya Salvi took over as the acting Chairman of the National Green Tribunal (NGT) after retirement of Justice Swat Kumar.
6. Indian captain Mithali Raj was selected in the ICC ODI Team of the Year while Left-arm spinner Ekta Bisht was the only cricketer to make it to the best ODI and T20 team of the year announced by the World Organization.
7. Barcelona’s star player Lionel Messi has received top player and best player award for La Liga for the 2016-2017 football season.
8. The Board of Directors of the leading telecom company Bharti Airtel approved the acquisition of Tata Teleservices’ consumer mobile business.